How To Stay Focused During The AP Exams 2021
For the year 2021, the College Board in the U.S. has decided to schedule the Advance Placement examinations in the first half of May. That means that if you are taking either AP Seminar or AP Research your final projects must be submitted, and your presentations scored before 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 30 April. For AP Computer Science Principles students, your digital portfolio must be submitted before 11:59 PM EST on April 30.
Generally speaking, the more study and preparation time available for any examination, the better. However, when it is an AP exam, losing focus because of the availability of excessive preparation time or becoming stale due to over-preparation is a serious problem. Here are a few of the most common hurdles students face and how to overcome them.
• Plan your preparation so you do not have to try to cram at the last minute. Consider taking a few practice examinations starting about a month before the actual AP exam. This will give you the time to correct any mistakes and focus on weak areas without having time pressure making things more difficult.
• Not all AP examinations are equally hard – The degree of difficulty varies from student to student. Know which test will be the most difficult for you and devote extra time to the preparation while ensuring that the overall preparation plan stays balanced and workable.
• Time pressure can be huge. Be extremely strict in timing yourself in your practice attempts. If your practice times are not right, you will not be able to control your time during the actual AP tests.
• Students often have multiple AP tests in a week. In some cases, there may even be 2 tests on the same day. This can be overwhelming for those who are not properly prepared. This means not just adequate study and preparation, but also ensuring that your mind and body have had the rest they need to function at their best for the test. Do not allow mental stress to affect your preparation.
• Other study and learning will carry on during the AP preparation period. Look at the overall load that you will have to deal with and find ways to balance AP and other work so that you remain focused and efficient without becoming over-stressed or anxious.
Get The Help You Need
Advance Placement examinations are not easy. Many students underestimate the degree of difficulty involved because they have done well at a less advanced level and think that increasing the amount of preparation will be enough for them to do well. This is not the case. For Advance Placement, the preparation is never linear - the degree of difficulty and learning support needed increases exponentially. That is why having access to expert tuition is essential. A reputed organization with highly qualified and experienced tutors who are familiar with the AP process will be able to give students not just the academic support they need to do well, but equally importantly, an understanding of the system and how it functions. This will equip students with the tools and knowledge they need to be successful in the AP examinations. The best results will be available to those students who have access to the best online tuition.
Become a Member to post Articles
Back to Profile