What Are The Benefits Of Homeschooling Your Child?
Education today is more than books and exams. Parents with a broader mindset towards providing non-conventional career options for their child while allowing the child to pursue a passion, many times consider homeschooling. As the education system is becoming more and more personalized, homeschooling is a viable and very effective method to provide children with a more focused education and a way of learning that suits them best.
Homeschooling is gaining popularity as children can appear for the 10th or 12th-grade exams as private candidates through the Cambridge board or NIOS. This gives the children a flexible schedule to prepare for the exams at their own pace while concentrating on many other passions such as sport or music.
Why Homeschooling Works
Homeschooling has many advantages. These include, but are not limited to:
- The curriculum can be tailored to a child’s interests. The programs can be structured to suit the unique learning needs of the learner, keeping in mind the career objective for the student. The program however needs to be structured keeping in mind that the learner is going to be independent but will require support which a top-ranked online school providing live interactive programs can provide.
- The schedule can be made to suit the child’s needs. Some children prefer to study for long periods and then take long breaks, while others do better when they study in short bursts with brief intervals. Some children are more focused in the morning hours and others in the afternoon. Homeschooling allows children to study at the times that are best for them.
- A curriculum specific to the areas that need addressing can be created and a schedule of progress drawn to guide the student along this journey.
- Parents can modify the learning process to make it more fun for the child. Enjoyable learning means better understanding and knowledge retention.
- Children can be provided the stimuli that suit them. Some children love to study in pin-drop silence, while others are stimulated by background music. The atmosphere that works for the child can be created.
- The personalized interaction with the parents gives the child more confidence and belief in their abilities.
- The parent-teacher/child-student bond is a strong one that builds a cohesive family structure.
- Here is no peer pressure from other students. Going out to play after the study time enables children to develop essential social skills with their peers and get the exercise they need.
The many benefits of homeschooling do not make it a simple decision or that it will work for all children. The pros and cons must be carefully weighed before any action is taken. One thing to keep in mind is that examination success requires professional guidance. In the case of children who are homeschooled, this can be availed of by enrolling them in online schools or live interactive online classes to support their learning. This will combine the benefits of homeschooling with the expert subject knowledge and understanding of the examination system that is essential to obtaining high grades. The importance of enrolment at a top-ranked online school providing live interactive programs with a proven track record of success in helping students do well in the board examinations cannot be underestimated.
Become a Member to post Articles
Back to Profile