ECE Training and School Management
The part of a school administrator is one of the most important roles in an educational institution, at any level, including early childhood education. Administrators are not only tasked with implementing the aims and objectives of the school and its policies but they also act as troubleshooters for the everyday issues that can crop up in a school. Let’s take a look at the different roles that a preschool administrator has to juggle.
Duties of a Preschool Administrator
- Setting educational standards and creating learning goals for every year. Planning and monitoring instructional methods, content and curriculum. Establishing school policies, procedures and learning programs.
- Reviewing and evaluating new and current programs to determine efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with state, local and federal regulations and if necessary, recommending modifications.
- Monitoring students' progress to ensure that learning progress is achieved.
- Providing assistance to parents, students and teachers, and helping prevent and resolve problems.
- Preparing and maintaining attendance of staff and maintaining personnel reports.
- Planning school activities like field trips, yearly events, sports, etc.
- Preparing a yearly budget and determining allocation of funds to staff for supplies, materials and equipment.
- Recruitment, training and evaluation of permanent and temporary staff.
- Directing and coordinating daily and weekly activities of teachers and coordinating interschool and inter departmental activities.
- Maintaining regular records for educational officials and agencies. Reviewing and interpreting government codes and developing procedures to meet protocols to ensure safety, security and maintenance of the institution.
- Communicating with parents on child’s progress and issues, and coordinating and resolving issues between parents and teachers. Discussing students' behavioral or learning problems with parents and planning how to address them.
- Teaching and/or providing direct care to children when needed.
- Supervising and auditing classrooms regularly to ensure teaching standards are met.
- Preparing promotional literature on institution’s programs and facilities as well as creating a yearly almanac.
ECE programs offer the necessary training and certification to become an administrator in an early childhood education environment.
- Jan 29, 2021