5 Lock down Tips – How to Find the Right Shoes for Your Growing Child Online
Growing up in a New Reality: In a world where life has changed and everything seems Topsy-turvy, there is one thing that hasn’t change. Children keep growing. Even a lock down can’t stop that and sooner or later, you will need to find some new shoes to fit those growing feet. With shoe shops closed and also to prevent unnecessary outdoor activity, it may be a better idea to get your child’s new shoes online. It is important to choose the best shoes for your children as some shoes can cause skin infections or foot odor due to low quality.
Signs That Your Child Needs New Shoes: Whether it is covered shoes or sandals, some of the tell-tale signs that your child needs new shoes include the following:
- The big toe starts to stick out in front
- Heels stick out at the back
- Covered shoes may get a slight bulge
- Redness when shoes are taken off
- Limping or pain maybe experienced while walking
- Take a piece of paper and make the child stand on it.
- Trace the child’s foot on the paper. The feet should be pressed down firmly upon the paper.
- Use a marker to draw a straight line touching each side of the outline and measure the length from top to bottom and the width from left to right.
- Use the length and width measurements to find your child’s shoe size on an online store’s sizing chart.
Measuring Children for Shoes
Make Sure That the Shoe Fits
When buying something online, the time window to return it may be small so it is important to check if your child’s shoes are fitting well. Some ways to do that are listed below.
- Make sure your child’s heels and toes are comfortably ensconced.
- Shoes should have a gap at the top when pressed.
- When fastened, shoes should not be too loose.
- Check for support and stability by balancing on one foot at a time.
If you don’t want to take the risk of ill-fitting shoes, the best solution is to get the same shoe type the child has, but just the next size up.
Become a Member to post Articles
Back to Profile