Finding the Right Day Care Center Can Make a Difference in Early Learning
Quality child care has been shown to bring about positive outcomes in a child's social, emotional, and cognitive growth. A good daycare center can positively impact your child's behavior and make a difference in the child's early learning and development. However, not all daycare centers are the same, and it is important to do a little research before finding the right daycare center for your child.
How Does a Day Care Center Influence a Child's Early Learning
- Consistent socialization and play in early childhood build empathy, resilience, and prosocial behavior that help enhance vocabulary, interaction, and communication skills.
- A daycare setting provides countless opportunities for children to learn and practice their oral skills through play, promoting early learning.
- Positive life skills such as sharing, turn-taking, negotiating, and communication occur naturally in an early childhood setting, and this learning is absorbed through experiences.
- Children learn to follow structured routines with activities designed to engage the senses and stimulate cognitive growth.
- Daycare helps support children's pre-literacy skills and prepares them for kindergarten.
- Phonemic awareness and related literacy skills needed for reading start during the daycare years.
- Individualized instruction in a daycare setting can provide a solid foundation for later education.
- A skills-based curriculum offered by a quality daycare center can foster a life-long love of learning.
- Lesson plans and early hands-on learning at daycare centers lay the foundation for later years of schooling, even higher education.
- Most quality daycare centers teach their students the alphabet, early reading, simple math and science, and even general hygiene skills.
Also Read: Importance of finding the right daycare center
An early childhood education program in quality daycare centers provides small successes and positive outcomes that will boost children's belief in their ability to navigate challenges and help them accomplish goals confidently. Finding the right daycare center for your little one is vital as the quality of the childcare provider will determine the experiences your child will have, which will influence learning outcomes for the rest of her life.
Become a Member to post Articles
Back to Profile