Are SAT Subject Tests Required For College Admission?
The answer to this question is a clear “yes!” While many colleges do require applicants to take SAT subject tests for admission, even those colleges that do not will often use the SAT subject test scores to aid them in their evaluation process; the scores will help them obtain a better understanding of the applicant’s subject knowledge and abilities. Here is how to use your SAT subject tests to give you a vital edge when it comes to college admission.
• Even if not required or asked for, sending your scores to colleges will serve to highlight your academic strengths.
• The scores you send will show your areas of interest regarding specific programs or subject majors. This can help demonstrate that you are prepared and equipped to deal with the academic load that these subjects will place on you.
• In some cases, colleges will use the scores to decide on the course level that is right for the applicant. With the right subject test scores, it may be possible to meet the basic requirements that give credits for introductory-level courses. This could result in significant savings in terms of both time and college fees.
• Initiative and a wide range of interests are always appreciated. If you have studied a subject on your own or taken a weekend or vacation course, it will show that your learning is not limited to the classroom and that you are willing and able to find and utilize additional sources of knowledge. The scores will also showcase your understanding of these subjects.
• SAT subject test scores can help you overcome language barriers. If your knowledge and ability to use English is not as strong as it should be, good scores in subjects that do not depend on language competencies such as science or maths will help overcome the negative impact of weakness in English. If you are fluent in another language, which is always a positive quality even if it is not directly relevant to your course of study, a good score will be the right way to show this. Good scores may help in meeting foreign language competency standards that may be required by some colleges.
• SAT subject test scores can be of great assistance when it comes to evaluating your knowledge and preparedness in comparison to other applicants. The scores you receive, when viewed against those of other applicants will tell you where you stand in relation to them.
The decision on whether to take SAT subject tests and use the scores to help in college admissions is not a matter to be taken lightly. To get the guidance you need to know which SAT subject test to take and for the learning support needed for SAT in general, it would be best to join an online SAT tuition course from a reputed organization that has the experience and domain expertise needed to provide students with the highest levels of learning support.
Become a Member to post Articles
Back to Profile