Effective January 2011
LocalBizNetwork LLC (also referred to in this document as LBN), is committed to protecting the privacy of both, its clients as well as those who use the LBN website and its services.Our Privacy Guarantee:
LBN values the privacy of its users and customers and makes every effort in that direction. To that end, LBN is the sole owner of information gathered through its website. LBN does not sell or share this information to any third-party entity. This information remains the exclusive property of LBN and is used only to enhance the experience of customers and users of LBN and to resolve issues related to a customer's experience on the website.Why and How we Collect Information:
- When you click anywhere on LBN: Every time there is a hit on our website, we receive some user information. This information is largely anonymous except for a computer address that is generated when you click through links on the LBN website. This information is used to record user statistics. In other words, we need to know how many people visit LBN at what times of the day, and from where, in order to be able to provide enough servers to handle all requests. This information also helps us track user preferences. This is crucial to any internet marketing business.
- When you create an account on LBN or register your business on LBN: When you create an account on LBN to add your business to the LBN network, you are consenting to our services. At such time, the information you provide when you sign up is stored so that LBN has a record of its users and their businesses. A client database is fundamental to any business. However, your information is secure.
- When you send us an email asking for more information: When LBN receives an email request for information on services or other general information about the website, the information is used to correspond with the user. Based on this information, LBN also attempts to tailor and enhance user experience and information on its website.
- When you click through to a LBN-hosted ad: When you click through to an ad on LBN, the click (and information) is received and stored by LBN. This is used by LBN solely to present click-through statistics to the advertiser as an indicator of advertising success.
- When you register for an event: When you register for an event through the LBN website, detailed registration information is used only as pertaining to the particular event (to notify in case of postponements, cancellations or fee changes) and after the occurrence of the event, transaction information may be retained for upto 1-year, for possible refunds, statistical purposes, cumulative headcounts, and accounting. Some events may have over-riding Privacy Policies, which will be explicitly indicated.
- E-mail Subscriptions: When you subscribe to receive periodic updates and informational or promotional newsletters from LBN, your information is stored for that specific purpose only.
This also holds true for users who visit LBN on Facebook or Twitter. Although no breach of confidentiality or privacy will be made through the information posted by LBN on Facebook or Twitter, users of LBN via these networking sites are subject to the privacy practices and information gathering policies of Facebook and Twitter respectively.
All user information received by LBN is stored on highly secure servers with state-of-the-art measures to ensure your privacy and confidentiality. Sensitive information such as credit card information is transmitted and received through the SSL protocol.Opt-Out